What I Can’t Let Go Of:
(just like the NPR Politics podcast on Fridays- minus the “Politics or otherwise” disclaimer.
This blog is a publicly politics-free zone, so all musings will be “Otherwise“.)
Have you heard about the Orcas, Killer Whales, off the coast of Europe attacking sailboats and breaking their rudders? There’s a number of theories why. But the most accepted (and the one I’m tickled by) is that these are curious, bored juveniles making a sport of sailboat rudders to entertain themselves.
Just like (and I kid you not) the fad a couple of years ago, off the US Pacific, when suddenly Orca juvenile whales started attacking other fish, particularly salmon and once they kill it, they swim around with it on their heads. I guess that gang initiation is not as painful and not as permanent as a tat.
There are similar stories of bored juveniles in the same dolphin pods acting out a weird fad behavior for a bit of time. Mimicking and challenging each other.
Hmmm, not too different than TikTok!
Wow! Mammals are so alike. Hands or flippers, it doesn’t seem to matter!
I’d love to hear what you can’t let go of!
On the Blog This Week
Have you seen this post?
Have you wondered how this ottoman slipcover has held up?
I updated this post. And answered all your burning questions.
Yes, it is still the absolute easiest non-sewer’s sewing project ever!!! One fat needle, some thick thread and that’s it!!!! Pinky promise!
The rest of the week has been consumed with Christmas stockings!!!
They will be ready soon. Three groups designed this week!
And I’m working on a fun new Fall craft that’s in my head. Hoping it comes out as I envision and then I’ll be sharing late next week,
(Of course there would be another blue and white stocking group)
What other groups do you think there will be this year?
Coming Next Week:
A new Pinterest Challenge is coming up next week. Can’t wait to see what my PC Buds have come up with also!
Hopefully three more groups of stockings can be worked through.
And a few behind the scenes projects that need to be finished up and documented so I can share them.
Reminder for my fellow bloggers- content creators or influencers
This is for you!
I discovered a “new” affiliate platform. If you have not heard of Mavely, you need to!
There’s no real application, it’s just a simple sign-up. They have hundreds of brands and retailers on the platform, and as a Mavely creator, you’re automatically in with each of them.
Please click here to learn more and join. There is no obligation. This link will take you to the website to explore what all the buzz is about.
Reminder for my Stocking Families:
We’re halfway through August!!! Yikes!
This is a reminder that if you have South House Christmas stockings and your family has or is growing, and you need an additional stocking or three to blend in with your originals,
NOW is the time to order!!!
To encourage you to order before the season starts (before Sept. 1), I waive the $15 surcharge that Add-On stockings carry during the holiday season.
Sharing From Around the Web
It’s the third Saturday of the month — the day we take a shopping excursion together, these six blogging besties.
We’ve had two beautiful days where we could fling the window open and ditch the A/C! But then we’re back up the triple digits this weekend. So it’s not yet time to replace the light Summer throws — but I can start with scents.
Perfect timing, because it’s also Pier 1’s birthday. and they are celebrating with 61% off many items. Their highly rated, really large and beautiful $39.95 candles are included!!! At $15.59 maybe I don’t have to decide between Pumpkin Luxe, the Apple Crisp or Rustic Woodlands (my three favorites in their Fall scents)
Have you tried Tube Mascara yet?
Woo hoo! I love this one from Tarte.! I was ordering my third one and discovered they’re on sale.
They are never on sale!!! And for $15. (shipping included!) Hurry over while it lasts.
They call it lash extensions in a tube. That might be over-selling it just a bit, but it’s still great!
I also like to trade out the brighter blue & white pillows of Summer with textural pillows that have a cozy effect.
This long lumber pillow from Hearth & Home will be great along the back of the couch. It’s long enough it would probably fill a loveseat.
Home Goods always has some of the best seasonal decor accents.
Now Let’s See What the Other Gals Found For Us
- I’ve started decorating for fall and I love the plaid throw and lumbar pillow that I recently purchased from Target.
- These faux florals look amazing in my fall entryway.
- I found these frames at Micheals that I used to frame the FREE Printables that are on my blog.
- I’m loving these fall salad plates that would be beautiful on a fall tablescape.
Wendy – WM Design House
I know the daytime temperatures are still high, but I can feel the evenings cooling off. Or maybe it’s just my imagination because I’m so ready for fall. How about you? Here are a few things I am looking forward to.
- I cannot wait to slip on my cozy sweater coat for a relaxed evening around the fireplace or throw this blanket over my legs.
- I will add lots of fall decor around my home in the next few weeks, including these gorgeous hammered brass candlesticks and linen throw pillows. I love the soft-washed linen material with the raw edge they have.
- I bought these faux pomegranates last year and loved the pop of color they give on my coffee table in a beautiful wood vase. They are just the right amount of color.
Michele – Vintage Home Designs
- I shared this adorable pleated lampshade on my Instagram this week, and so many of you loved it! I got so many messages wanting the link.
It comes in 2 sizes and you won’t believe the price! I replaced a shade on a lamp in my sitting area with the larger size for a change, and I am loving it!
There is also a really cute blue pattern one that I bought, as well.
- Last month I shared a super cute and cozy outfit that I have been wearing this summer.
I discovered last week that it also comes in a long sleeve version, so I just got one and planning to order another color.
It has been a great travel outfit this summer and still cute for running errands or a lunch date.
- I am a sucker for all things pumpkin, so I had to have this cute white pumpkin shape soup tureen. I think it will look cute this fall mixed in with my ironstone soup tureen collection.
There are also small individual soup bowls with a lid that go with it.
- And can we talk about this glass pumpkin dome?? It is a bit of a splurge, but it would be so amazing for fall decor and functional, as well.
Amy – Amy Sadler Designs
Amy’s favorite scents for Fall:
Cindy – Reinvented Delaware
- Have you seen the amazing fall clothing that Walmart offers in the Time and Tru Line? I’m eyeballing some sweaters to wear with jeans. A zippered sweater in green and one in gray would be perfect for those chilly nights.
- And here are a few more that I am considering for those fall and winter months: a v-neck with cute shoulder details in gray and this gorgeous blue, and this chunky knit cardigan that comes in black and neutral cream
- Our kids live away and like to come for the weekend. So my office often is converted to a spare room on the fly. This 18″ King Size inflatable mattress is perfect for our daughter and son-in-law who is 6’4″! The mattress needed an extra deep fitted sheet and this one is so soft! Maybe they will stay over more often now!
- Two things I use over and over in my kitchen are this magnetic microwave splatter cover (this thing saves me so much microwave cleaning since you can throw it in the dishwasher!) and a roll-up dish drainer that is also a veggie drying rack. It rolls up and tucks away when I’m not using it!
As you probably know by now, I use some affiliate links in my newsletters and on the website. An affiliate link means that if you click on my link and purchase something, I may receive a small commission but you pay nothing extra.
I truly appreciate you using my links whenever possible!!!
I hope you enjoy your weekend!!! Thanks for hanging out with me a bit,
As I said before, I would greatly appreciate your feedback, any special requests, or questions you have.