What I Can’t Let Go Of:
(just like the NPR Politics podcast on Fridays- minus the “Politics or otherwise” disclaimer.
This blog is publicly, a politics-free zone, so all musings will be “Otherwise“.)
How important a strong circle of friends is to our mental health and overall quality of life.
I could expound on this for pages and pages, but I don’t think that’s why you’re here today.
So I’m just putting it out there as a reminder that none of us are truly alone — even when we may feel that way.
The Old Testament tells us we are blessed, so that we may be a blessing to others.
So as we head into this holiday season. let’s try to remember that not everyone’s holidays are filled with joy. Let’s touch all we encounter with our open hearts and understanding — we don’t know what they may be dealing with deep inside.
Like these amazing chocolate turkeys from Rachel at Sweet Tea & Sprinkles.
I’d love to hear what you can’t let go of!
On the Blog This Week
I shared a fun project of upcycling baskets into Christmas or seasonal decor.
This is a great project for novice crafters. I encourage taking my general concept but putting your own spin on it.
It’s so fun. to see the wide variety of end products when we start with the same basic concept.
The rest of the week has been consumed with Christmas stockings!!!
(Geesh! I was so tired I didn’t even notice the boxes are all upside down)
Coming Next Week:
(in that order)
Wishing you all a week overflowing with blessings and bliss.
You are truly one of my blessings I am so very thankful for.
I am thinking of you everyday and toasting you special on Thursday!
Sharing From Around the Web
It’s the third Saturday of the month — the day we take a shopping excursion together, I and my blogging besties are inviting you along!
Are you expecting house guests over the holidays?
I love having house guests, even with just a two bedroom home, we make it work.
Every guest appreciates a comfy bed, even when you can’t offer a bedroom.
Have you seen these beds?
Just unzip the case, plug it in and these beds self-inflate and the frames unfold for a very comfy night.
Our grown kids approve!
Add this ultra soft allternative down mattress cover and your guests will feel spoiled and well-rested. (our guests have all approved!)
Since no one wants to dig through their bag on the floor, a folding luggage rack is a must. Make sure it’s handsome and sturdy with good reviews, like this one.
Now Let’s See What the Other Gals Found For Us
Wendy – WM Design House
‘Tis the season for decking the halls with boughs of holly and hustling to complete our shopping lists. I’ve recently completed my decorating spree and am eager to share some of my cherished discoveries with you.
- I put two Nobel Fir Faux trees up in my family room this year and decorated them with a woodland theme full of darling critters from the forest. These trees are my absolute favorite. They look so natural and have over 600 lights on them.
- Next, I added these wood jingle bells; they are amazing! And they come in large and small.
- If you love the natural look for Christmas, you will love all of these great choices to make your holiday extra special.
I was busy all week turning my house into a White Christmas. Which is my theme for this year. I’m pretty happy with how it has turned out.
- I love the tree that I got from King of Christmas. It’s the 7′ King Noble Flocked Pre-Lit Christmas Tree. It definitely is giving me the White Christmas Look that is my theme this year.
- The White Snowflakes that I bought years ago are always on my trees.
- You just can’t beat Target’s prices for Twinkle Lights. They are less than $2 for a 100-light string.
- I use Colonial Candle Taper Candles during the holidays. It’s such a steal to buy them by the box
Cindy – Reinvented Delaware
- Have you decided what to wear for Thanksgiving dinner? I’m hosting so I like to have something I can quickly throw on before the meal. A green corduroy dress and camel boots are perfect! Or I might pick a beautiful blue sweater and jeans with my favorite slip on leather shoes! We’ll see what I pick on Thursday! haha!
- I’ve also started thinking about what to wear for Christmas morning. We often have a houseful with our kids, their spouses and now our grandkids for breakfast. Joyspun pj’s from Walmart will be perfect! I’ll be comfy in a gorgeous red velour lounge set or an adorable plaid top and bottom while still feeling ‘dressed.’
- We are getting a small whole turkey and a turkey breast this year. My non-stick roasting pan will hold both perfectly! I’ll be using Pyrex storage containers for the leftovers. An 18-piece set will hold a ton of leftovers. And a 10-piece set will keep individual servings in my freezer. The Pyrex dishes are also great to send leftovers for your guests.
- Confession – I’ve put up some of my Christmas decorations! I haven’t pulled down the Christmas bins from the attic yet, but my bedroom has been fully decorated with just one new item this year! Our King Noble Fir 4-piece set includes a wreath, garland and two small trees. The Red Berry Collection set is gorgeous too! I love that I have the option to use battery power or plug each piece into the wall separately!
Michele – Vintage Home Designs
Is traveling this week and couldn’t join us.
But I am so glad you joined us. I hope we were able to help with snippets of shopping inspiration – and maybe even helped stretch your budget a bit with some good finds.
As you probably know by now, I use some affiliate links in my newsletters and on the website. An affiliate link means that if you click on my link and purchase something, I may receive a small commission but you pay nothing extra.
I truly appreciate you using my links whenever possible!!!
I hope you enjoy your weekend!!! Thanks for hanging out with me a bit,
As I said before, I would greatly appreciate your feedback, any special requests, or questions you have.