What I Can’t Let Go Of:
(just like the NPR Politics podcast on Fridays- minus the “Politics or otherwise” disclaimer.
This blog is a publicly politics-free zone, so all musings will be “Otherwise“.)
I just can’t let go of how much I love the warm spices of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and ginger — in candles, in pies, in tea, even in ice cream.
Yes, I love pumpkin and sweet potato anything, but I’ve come to realize that it’s really those spices! They just happen to accompany almost anything pumpkin flavored.
It’s funny how when the right ingredients are combined in the right proportions, they become so much more than the sum of the individual parts. You don’t even realize the dominant part.
I always thought it was the pumpkin. But no, pumpkin is really not all that great without those warm spices. Yet those spices are great in other things beyond pumpkin.
The same applies to decorating and mixing fabrics, combining flowers, even dishes for a fabulous table setting.
Artistry is blending just enough of the right spices to bring the whole composition to life..
I’d love to hear what you can’t let go of!
On the Blog This Week
Do you consider Potluck dinners a competitive sport? No?
Well, I take my potluck dishes seriously!
This week I posted the best “secret strategies” for upping your Potluck game. Oh, but I’m still all about keeping it simple and easy.
Jump over and see how with these strategies I brought home the prize from last week’s potluck.
The Prize: a completely empty dish!
Plus there’s a NEW VIDEO of why and how to decorate your parchment paper liner.
Now is NOT the time to procrastinate on ordering your Christmas stockings!
This grou p is the runaway favorite so far.
Click over to see the entire 2023 Collection
if you prefer, you can shop them all in my Etsy shop.
And here are Jane’s fabulous name tags..
While you’re pondering your stocking display, have you seen this post about hanging your stockings from a birch branch?
Coming Next Week:
Hold on — it’s going to be a doozy!!!
A new Pinterest Challenge is coming up next week and we’re doing something different. We are each sharing a Thanksgiving inspired recipe.
And there will be three more new posts:
Two Fall decor posts and another recipe post!!!
Sharing From Around the Web
It’s the third Saturday of the month — the day we take a shopping excursion together, I and my blogging besties are inviting you along!
I’m getting so excited for Christmas! How about you?
Yes, it’s still October, but I like to reinvent and refresh my decor each year. And this takes a bit more time. Certainly not buying ALL new, but adding in some fresh elements and making over some others.
So on my list are:
These Christmas plates would be perfect sitting on top of the great dinner plates with wide black and white plaid rims that I scored recently. My table is coming together!!
I spend a lot of time in the kitchen preparing holiday goodies.
I need this Christmas Joy anti-fatigue mat for our brick floors.
This great pair of plaid pillows.
Not Christmas, but they are so cozy and perfect for all Winter long.
And just 29.99 for a PAIR of 20 x 20!!!!
Now Let’s See What the Other Gals Found For Us
We are a smaller shopping squad today, Michele and Wendy are both traveling this week.
Lynn and her husband “Handy” are in Dallas this week and her list reflects that! They are helping their daughter and son-in-law with not only setting up the nursery for their first grandbaby but also some other work around the house.
- I’ve been wearing sweaters and leggings at home but it’s in the 80s here. I didn’t pack enough summer things. I ran to J.Jill to pickup my favorite White Tees as I can wear them here by themselves and when I’m home, under a sweater.
- I’m heading to Round Top to do some antique shopping next week. I brought my favorite tote bag from LL Bean to carry my finds.
- I forgot my favorite facial cleanser at home so I ordered it from Amazon (it’s the only place I can find SeSpring Cleanser which is EWG approved. It was here the next day.
- “Handy” was putting in new doors while we were here and this Stinger ShopVac is not only inexpensive, its lightweight which was easy for me to handle and it worked great.
Cindy – Reinvented Delaware
- Walmart has some of the cutest clothing items for fall this year! I saw this adorable belted dress in a gorgeous warm green that is perfect for fall. Along with some knee-high boots that are flat and comfy and this sweet bag, I’d say I’m set for fall!
- Last week I made the cutest little pumpkins from napkins here on the blog and on my YouTube channel. I couldn’t stop looking at cloth napkins just for the sake of making more! This neutral plaid, the light blue grain sack stripe, this bright blue check and this traditional orange check would all make the cutest little pumpkins!
- It’s getting close to the end of the year and that means I am shopping for a new journal to use for my planner. I like the dot grid journals so that I can make out my own layouts. I’m seven years in on this whole bullet journal and it works for me. I found the Best pens on the planet a couple of years ago and I can’t write a word without them now!
- Dixie Belle has always had the best Scrubby Soap for cleaning all of my paint brushes. Then they came out with this amazing Bath and Body Bar. There is a goat’s milk version as well as an olive oil & aloe version. My skin has never felt so soft! Both come in lavender or unscented!