What I Can’t Let Go Of:
(just like the NPR Politics podcast on Fridays- minus the “Politics or otherwise” disclaimer.
This blog is publicly, a politics-free zone, so all musings will be “Otherwise“.)
The special joy of the preparations and this coming week, remembering the reason. Remembering the One who gave us life and joy, opportunity and promise. The One who believes in us even when we doubt ourselves. Who gives us exactly what we need even when we don’t know what it is we need.
I reminded myself of this a month ago. But it is so very important, it’s worth repeating:
As we enjoy the holidays. let’s try to remember that not everyone’s holidays are filled with joy. Let’s touch all we encounter with open hearts and understanding — we don’t know what they may be dealing with deep inside.
On the Blog This Week
(Thrilled to report the final four orders will be shipped today!)
I couldn’t get anything else done, except one quick reel on IG and on FB later today — Stocking Tip #5 where in less than 90 sec. I hit the high notes of stocking styling.
(Stocking Tip #6 will post on later this afternoon. So if you’re on IG, keep a eye out for it — please feel free to save it for next year and share with a friend)
Coming Next Week:
Wishing you a week overflowing with
family & friends, love & laughter, blessings & bliss!
Sharing From Around the Web
It’s the third Saturday of the month — the day we take a shopping excursion together, I and my blogging besties are inviting you along!
Remember, our family traded a traditional gift exchange for our non-traditional exchange where we each gift the family with what we all want most — time together making memories. So no long list of Christmas presents to stress over.
But you know I’m all about the Christmas stockings. And what are stockings without stuffers? Sad sacks, right? And who wants any of those — Nobody does!
Our kiddos are all grown now so these ideas are mainly for the college age and young professionals in our lives. Plus a few small treats for hostess gifts and such.
All these items are available from Amazon, Walmart or Target for quick delivery to you!
What Star Wars fan wouldn’t get a kick out of lightsaber chopsticks? Yes, you read that right.
And each pair has eight different color options.
No more Chinese carryout ho hum!!!
Shower steamers all around — all genders, all ages! Who wouldn’t love relaxing aromatherapy, or perhaps rejuvenating, or maybe eucalyptus and mint for stuffy breathing relief?
And more options from Walmart
And options from Target, too
Magnetic bookmarks are great for the booklover, the skimmer or maybe the foodie.
There are so many fun options — for all ages and all interests!
And here’s the House Party version of Ransom Notes from Target.
These three are current favorites of ours. You’ll love them.
Now Let’s See What the Other Gals Found For Us
Wendy and Michele both had crazy weeks so they couldn’t join us shopping this week.
We’ll all be together again in January!
Lynn has spent the week racing into her new role as Grandma, a bit early. So her list is short thids week but she reports these great finds:
- My kids and “Handy” still like to get candy for their stockings so I stocked up today with boxes of candy at Target
- A new year is a time for a new calendar and a new planner
- I wasn’t planning on buying Christmas Jammies because we weren’t going to be together but that all changed when our daughter and bonus son’s baby decided to make an early appearance. Everyone has Jammies on sale. There are these at Target and these at Soma.
Cindy – Reinvented Delaware
- You can’t go wrong with a Yeti for anyone on your list! The 16 oz Yeti and the 20 oz Yeti Coffee mugs are the perfect size for on-the-go coffee. The 35 oz drink holder with a straw is perfect for the water drinker in your life. If you have someone who likes to take a large amount of hot or cold beverages when they go out, a Stanley Thermos is the best!
- Most men would love to have a lined flannel shirt when they are working outside during the colder months. If you have someone who brings in wood for a fireplace, a good pair of gloves is a must for their hands.
- If you have someone who travels often, a toiletry bag will make packing a breeze! A new hat, scarf, and gloves set sends all the cozy feels to the one receiving the gift along with warm Skechers slippers to keep her feet cozy when she is indoors.
- Who doesn’t need more food storage, especially during the holidays? A Pyrex 18-piece set is a great way to store leftovers. And if you have a cook on your gift list, an enameled cast iron Dutch oven is the perfect gift!
- Here are several gift ideas for young kids, teens, and others who might enjoy them. Some are toys and some are tech items. Click through them to see what might work for those special people in your life! A fun moon lamp to use as a nightlight, a toy camera, a Montessori Puzzle Ball to keep little hands busy, a colorful Bluetooth speaker, a white noise sound machine for the best night of sleep, a portable phone charger for on-the-go-charging, and a bedside phone charging station with a digital clock.
- Last but not least, offer your recipient a gift card. We have given our nieces and nephews Amazon gift cards for over 15 years. Now that they are all adults, they enjoy being able to get what they need or want after the Christmas season.
I am so glad you joined us. I hope we were able to help with snippets of shopping inspiration – and maybe even helped stretch your budget a bit with some good finds.
As you probably know by now, I use some affiliate links in my newsletters and on the website. An affiliate link means that if you click on my link and purchase something, I may receive a small commission but you pay nothing extra.
I truly appreciate you using my links whenever possible!!!
I hope you enjoy your weekend!!! Thanks for hanging out with me a bit,
As I said before, I would greatly appreciate your feedback, any special requests, or questions you have.